DEN-1 & DEN-1B Densitometer
The Grant bio DEN-1 and DEN-1B are a compact benchtop densitometers (suspension turbidity meter) for measuring turbidity of cell suspensions in a variety of life science applications.
The densitometers are designed and factory calibrated to measure turbidity in the range of 0.5 to 4.0 McFarland units (DEN-1) 0.0 to >7.5 McFarland units (DEN-1B) with a small standard deviation. If required, it can deliver a wider measurement range (up to 15.00 McFarland units), but with a greater standard deviation.
- Measurement range: 0.5 to 4.0 McFarland units (DEN-1), 0.0 to >7.5 McFarland units (DEN-1B)
- Measurement time : 1 second
- Precision: ±3%
- Readings, conveniently shown in McFarland units, are clearly visible on the bright LED display
- Factory calibrated – retains calibration without power supply
- Can be user calibrated with commercial standards or cell suspensions prepared in the laboratory
- Designed for tubes with an outer diameter of 18mm. 16 mm tubes can also be accommodated by using the optional tube adaptor D-16
- Extremely compact design with small footprint and low profile – fits easily into the smallest workspace
- DEN-1b – either battery powered by 3 x AAA or via external power supply
Life science – typical applications include determining concentration of cells (bacterial and yeast cells) in the fermentation process, detecting the susceptibility of micro-organisms to antibiotics, identifying micro-organisms with various test systems, and measuring optical density at fixed wavelength.
|Dimensions (h x d x w)||75 x 115 x 165mm||75 x 115 x 165mm|
|Temperature range||+4 to 40ºC||+4 to 40ºC|
|Wavelength||565 ±15Inm||565 ±15Inm|
|Range (McFarland units)||0.3 to 15.0||0.00 to 15.00|
|Tube diameter – external diameter||18mm||18mm|
|Tube diameter – with D16 adapter||16mm||16mm|
|Display/display resolution||LED/0.1 McF||LED/0.1 McF|
|Independent power supply||–||3 x AA batteries|
|External Power supply||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V||Input AC 120-230V, 50/60Hz Output DC 12V|
|Power consumption – 230V||1W (0.08A)||0.1W (0.007A)|
|Power consumption – 120V|
Use an alternative browser to access PDFs for view and download.
Densitometer – Optional accessories
|DEN MCF STDS||Set of liquid McFarland standards in 16mm ø glass tubes. 0.5/1.0/2.0/3.0/4.0 can be decanted into an alternative tube (shelf-life no longer valid). Requires D16 adaptor, supplies with DEN-1/DEN-1B|
|D16||Spare tube adaptor for tubes with 16mm outer diameter|