Inspissator for use in the preparation of TB culture medium
Convenient and effective system designed to produce large batches of uniform tuberculosis culture medium four to six times per day. Vessels containing culture medium are incubated on a shallow tray which is in contact with water held at a constant temperature of 85ºC within a tank, ensuring that the temperature of the vessels is constant. Inspissation takes 50 minutes at 85ºC.
- Temperature range: ambient +5ºC to 100ºC
- Standard temperature: 85ºC
- Robust durable design, with digital temperature control
- Capacity for up to 156 test tubes (16mm diameter x 150mm long) or 162 universal containers
- Developed in conjunction with professor Mitchison of the Royal Postgraduate Medical School of London University and used in a number of tuberculosis laboratories which are assisted by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
According to the statistics of the WHO, TB kills more young people and adults than any other infectious disease in the world. It causes more deaths than AIDS and Malaria combined. Although the use of penicillin and antibiotics have caused the decline of this disease in some countries, hot spots of this illness still exist in eastern Europe, south east Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. Numbers that were seemingly beginning to decrease began to rise again in the 1980’s with the emergence of AIDS. Scientists now say that the number of people with TB around the world has reached a ten year high. The very cost effective Grant Inspissator means that it is used extensively in these areas and assists in the diagnosis of this serious disease.
|Dimensions (h x d x w)||380 x 600 x 1040mm|
|Temperature range||Ambient +5 to 100°C|
|Heat up time 20 to 85ºC||3.5hrs|
|Working area/tank opening||820 x 594|
|Tank capacity (nominal)||45L|
|Safety (over temperature protection)||Fixed cut-out|
|Electrical power 230V 50Hz||1500W|
|Electrical power 120V 60Hz||1400W|
|Heater power 230V||1400W|
|Heater power 120V||1300W|
|Voltage V||120V or 230V|