Returning products for repair
At Grant we are committed to supplying products of the highest quality. However, on rare occasions products may not meet the standard you expect. We aim to quickly rectify any problems you may have. Sometimes this is possible by speaking to one of our dedicated technical or service personnel, who will troubleshoot your problem. We ask that you have your model and serial number available before contacting us.
If we are unable to solve your problem over the phone, we may suggest returning your product to the distributor where purchased or to Grant Instruments. The procedure is outlined below.
Please note that Grant operates a Return To Base (RTB) warranty. This means, for products repaired under warranty, no charges will be made for labour or materials. We ask that you make any necessary arrangements to return the product to Grant, including the cost of any carriage charges. Grant will cover the cost of returning the product after repair.
For repair of products outside of warranty, charges will be made for labour, materials and all freight.
For more information on product warranties and extended warranties click here.
1. Contact your distributor or Grant Instruments technical or service department
2. Provide details of the problem, model number and serial number
3. You will be issued a Return Materials Authorisation (RMA) number
4. Complete a decontamination certificate (see below). Make two copies, include one inside the product packaging and affix the other to the outside of the package
5. Package the unit to avoid damage during transit. Label with the RMA number
6. Ship to the distributor where purchased or to Grant Instruments
A decontamination certificate is compulsory for the return of products which have been used in hazardous environments or have been contaminated with potentially harmful substances. It remains the user's liability to ensure Grant Instruments (and/or its distributors) are made aware of any potential contamination issues relating to chemical, biological or radioactivity.
- Evaluate the product on receipt and contact the customer to advise of any repair cost and repair/return time to our customer (non-warranty product or for repairs outside the warranty policy coverage)
- If the product cannot be repaired and the unit is within warranty, and the product has been used within the conditions of the warranty policy, we will replace this product with a new product.
For products returned outside the warranty period a standard inspection fee will be charged. The fee is waived if the repair is authorised by the customer.
Beyond Economical Repair (BER)
Products returned to Grant Instruments outside the warranty period which are deemed to be beyond economical repair will be charged an inspection and disposal fee. This fee may be waived or reduced if a replacement unit is purchased directly from Grant Instruments.
All other product returns
If you have received a product in error, please contact Grant immediately. Grant will pay all return freight charges and ship the correct product to you as soon as possible.
If you have ordered a product in error, you have 28 days from receipt, to return the product unused and in its original packaging. You will be liable for all freight charges and a re-stocking fee of 15%. Excludes made to order and custom products which are non-returnable.