The Grant bio DEN-1 and DEN-1B are a compact benchtop densitometers (suspension turbidity meter) for measuring turbidity of cell suspensions in a variety of life science applications.
The densitometers are designed and factory calibrated to measure turbidity in the range of 0.5 to 4.0 McFarland units (DEN-1) 0.0 to >7.5 McFarland units (DEN-1B) with a small standard deviation. If required, it can deliver a wider
measurement range (up to 15.00 McFarland units), but with a greater standard deviation.
Measurement range: 0.5 to 4.0 McFarland units (DEN-1), 0.0 to >7.5 McFarland units (DEN-1B)
Measurement time : 1 second
- Precision: ±3%
- Readings, conveniently shown in McFarland units, are clearly visible on the bright LED display
- Factory calibrated - retains calibration without power supply
- Can be user calibrated with commercial standards or cell suspensions prepared in the laboratory
- Designed for tubes with an outer diameter of 18mm. 16 mm tubes can also be accommodated by using the optional tube adaptor D-16
- Extremely compact design with small footprint and low profile - fits easily into the smallest workspace
- DEN-1b - either battery powered by 3 x AAA or via external power supply
Life science - typical applications include determining concentration of cells (bacterial and yeast cells) in the fermentation process, detecting the susceptibility of micro-organisms to antibiotics, identifying micro-organisms with various test systems, and measuring optical density at fixed wavelength.